On Wednesday, October 27 KSI Bogota was honoured to have hosted the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program English Language and Literature Round Table. The event took place virtually with 23 teachers and department heads from various AACBI Schools present.
The morning comprised of a series of roundtable discussions with attendees divided into smaller groups to discuss key topics;
- Creating an overall plan for the course
- Choosing literary and non-literary works
- Using the Learner Portfolio
- Using the Areas of Exploration/Key Concepts
- Teaching + marking all course assessments
- Supervising an English EE
- Grade moderation
- Preparing students for the High-Level Essay,
- Preparing students for papers
The session was designed to encourage open discussions around various learning topics, leading to many powerful themes and new discussion points raised. All attendees left with some valuable knowledge and tools that they can apply to their classes.
Thank you to the English Department at KSI Bogota and all those involved for making this event such a success. We look forward to hosting the